Currently Inked #18 | 20 October 2016
This episode of Currently Inked is sponsored by La Couronne du Comte. Based in Tilburg, Netherlands, La Couronne du Comte has one of the largest and more diverse selection of fountain pens of any online retailer, from well-known brands like Pilot, Kaweco, and Lamy to specialty brands like Danitrio and Nakaya. La Couronne du Comte offers Pen Habit viewers 10% off their entire order (excl. Montblanc items) with the coupon code PENHABIT10.
- 2:35 – Top Shading and Sheening Inks
- 5:30 – Other pen brands or models that have triangular grips like the Lamy AL-Star or the Jinhao x450
- Omas 360
- Pelikan Twist
- 7:25 – Currently Inked #1 – Montegrappa Passione Zebra – Noodler’s Black Swan in Australian Roses
- 9:30 – What companies offer Cursive Italic nibs as a standard option
- 12:05 – How do bad experiences with a brand color your willingness to try them again? Where do I stand on Visconti these days?
- 18:08 – Visconti Divina Elegance Blue – Parker Penman Emerald
- 19:35 – The possibility of adding Midori Passport sizes to the Inky Finger notebook line
- 21:45 – Does a pen’s nib “remember” it’s original tuning?
- 23:55 – Currently Inked #2 – Pelikan Calculation of Time – Pilot Blue
- 25:30 – How do I feel about Pelikan bindes made by custom pen makers?
- 28:25 – About fudé nibs
- 30:54 – Sponsor: La Couronne du Comte
- 33:45 – Currently Inked #3 – Classic Pens LB5 Kouseki Mineral Ore – KWZ Honey New Formula
- 36:50 – How do you justify buying multiples of the same thing?
- 42:42 – How many pens is too many?