Currently Inked #25 | 11 December 2016
This episode of Currently Inked is sponsored by The Nibsmith at http://nibsmith.com. Dan Smith has really come into his own as one of the premier nibmeisters of recent years. In addition to working on all kinds of high-end pens, Dan does wonderful custom grinds, including the Architect grind, which is he well-known for. In addition to his nib smithing services, Dan is also an authorized retailer for brands like Montegrappa and Aurora, and each pen purchase comes with a complementary adjustment or nib grind. You can find his shop at https://nibsmith.com/shop-2/.
- 3:40 – I saw a too-good-to-be-true price on a Platinum 3776 on a Japanese seller website. What do you think of this promotion? (Grey market pens and global pen pricing)
- 8:15 – What’s your strategy for managing your core collection of pens? Do you keep them all inked or stick with a conscious rotation schedule?
- 10:30 – Do you exclusively use fountain pens at work and home?
- 11:15 – Currently Inked #1 – Waterman’s Ideal #7
- 14:50 – What ink colors represent the house of Ravenclaw best?
- 18:10 – Sponsor: dating men in dubai
- 20:45 – Giveaway method questions
- 25:30 – What kind of paper should I get at the office supply store for printing my own templates (best hookup reddits)
- 28:45 – Currently Inked #2 – Platinum 37776 Chartres Blue
- 32:05 – Does smoothing nibs strip all personality from the pen?