Currently Inked #28 | 1 January 2017
This episode of Currently Inked is brought to you by Nibsmith.com, now featuring top-of-the-line pens from Montegrappa and Aurora. In addition to nib adjustment and griding services, you can now purchase high-end pens from Dan Smith of Nibsmith.com and get a free nib adjustment/nib grind as part of your purchase. You can find the nibsmith.com web store at http://nibsmith.com/shop-2/
- 2:45 – Are the Kaweco and discontinued Caran d’Ache Colors of the Earth the same inks?
- 5:10 – What is the point of reverse writing?
- 6:50 – What are the benefits to a gold nib over a steel or titanium nib?
- 11:05 – Currently Inked #1 – Pelikan Calculation of Times with Pilot Blue Ink
- 13:50 – Have you ever purchased an expensive pen with the intent of swapping the nib as soon as you get it?
- 16:30 – Sponsor – Nibsmith.com
- 19.00 – Are cotton swabs the best way to get an accurate representation when swabbing inks?
- 22:15 – Currently Inked #2 – Sailor Pro Gear – Diamine Shimmertastic Blue Lightning
- 25:45 – What is your wanna-have fountain pen? If your hobby more about wanting pens rather than having pens?
- 28:50 – How do you find people to whom you can write who aren’t creepers uninterested in actually sending letters?
- Pen Addict Slack
- 32:10 – What’s a good ink to use in vintage fountain pens?
- 35:05 – Delta The Journal with Bril Turqoise
- 37:50 – Do you think the Jinhao is still a good starter pen? What is your favorite pen under $20?