Currently Inked #30 | 7 February 2017
This episode of Currently Inked is sponsored by Vanness Pens at http://vanness1938.com. Head there for all your fountain pen, ink, and paper needs. Now featuring specialty nib sizes of the limited edition Aurora 88 Sole and the new Lamy AL-Star Pacific Blue.
- 5:04 – How do you find vintage pens online, and what warning signs do you look for to avoid duds?
- 8:30 – Have you ever used Twiss pens?
- 9:10 – Currently Inked #1: Stylo-Art Negoro w/ Franklin-Christoph Urushi Red
- 11:30 – Currently Inked #2 – Parker Vacumatic Oversize Golden Pearl w/ Waterman Inspired Blue
- 13:45 – My wooden pen case came with packets of activated carbon and silica gel. Would you keep these? Would they hurt the pens?
- 15:55 – My handwriting quality varies based on the pens and inks I use. Have you noticed the same thing?
- 18:00 – Sponsor Spotlight – Vanness Pens
- 22:00 – Currently Inked #3 – Platinum 3776 Celluloid Jade w/ Caran d’Ache Grand Canyon
- 23:20 – Currently Inked #4 – Mango Pen w/ Robert Oster Fire & Ice
- 25:15 – A bit of self-promotion – Pens for Sale, Inky Fingers Notebooks
- 27:05 – Can you recommend some pens with wider grips?
- 29:50 – What makes paper fountain pen friendly?
- 34:25 – My Monteverde Impressa won’t fill up properly. Any idea why?
- 36:05 – Currently Inked #5 – Franklin Christoph 45 Italian Ice w/ F-C Philly Show Orange
- 37:35 – Currently Inked #6 – Montegrappa Linea NeroUno w/ Montblanc Lucky Orange
- 42:30 – What’s your preference for storing inked fountain pens?
- 44:15 – What is your opinion about Lamy Inks, particularly considering the price difference between different inks?